Table of Contents
The Advocacy Committee seeks to provide you with resources that allow you to be informed of current issues, and help to educate you by providing access to materials that will result in your making informed decisions and equip you to have confident conversations, in which you may advocate your stance.
- Regardless of who you choose to vote for, make sure you are registered to vote:
By Mail: Friday, October 9, 2020
Online: Friday, October 9, 2020
In Person: Saturday, October 31, 2020
- Do you know which legislators represents you?
- November 3, 2020 we will vote for the NC Superintendent of Education. The election candidates Jen Mangrum and Catherine Truitt.
Access to their platforms/stances along with the other former candidates:
- On March 30, 2020, Governor Roy Cooper issued NC Executive Order 122. The goal of is to help schools and local governments access state surplus property to help bridge gaps during the response to COVID-19.
- NC General Assembly COVID-19 Education Working Group information
- NC Child- NC Legislators and COVID-19
- NCDPI resources that support Remote Learning:
- NCSU Center for Human Health and the Environment Remote Learning resources: https://chhe.research.ncsu.edu/coec/for-educators/resources-for-k-12-educators/
- NCSLA Resources for Remote Teaching and Learning